- Course Code: USMC21AAC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 18.5 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
- Common Myths, Laws, Penalties and Punishments for Drugs and Alcohol
- Common myths and misconceptions about drugs and alcohol
- US legislation regarding the consumption and distribution of drugs and alcohol
- Penalties and punishments for common drug-related offences
- The difference between casual use and problematic use of drugs and alcohol while at work
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on drug and alcohol awareness, as well as how drug and alcohol use can impact your workplace
- The signs of drug or alcohol abuse in your employees or co-workers
- Your legal obligations regarding drug and alcohol abuse
- Why a policy is necessary for all US organizations
- The people you should consult with before finalising the drug and alcohol policy
- The key components to any drug and alcohol policy, along with other essential requirements
- Information about the investigative tools you should include in your policy
- What to do when you suspect a drug or alcohol-related issue at the workplace
- The types of reporting issues you may come across
- Ways in which to offer support to affected employees, as well as when to consider disciplinary measures
- Drug and alcohol testing considerations
- The workplace risks that may lead to drug and alcohol misuse
- Other risks that could lead to drug and alcohol abuse at work
- Specific advice for reducing the prevalence of drug and alcohol misuse at your workplace
- How to address common workplace risks
- That support mechanisms outside of therapy are essential but can bring both negative and positive effects
- Why family and friends also need to understand the therapy process and what they can do to help themselves and the individual suffering addiction
- The value of good communication within a family unit
- How to recognise ‘the hidden life
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees