- Course Code: USFEC18ADH
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
ADHD Awareness Certification
The ADHD Awareness course will give you the information you require to live with or work with a person who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This training course is designed to teach students everything about ADHD from defining and controlling the condition to success stories and improving it.
ADHD doesn’t discriminate, and it is likely that you live with, work with, know, or even are someone who has this condition. This course will also give anyone who is unfamiliar with the condition an overview of the symptoms and struggles that those with ADHD deal with. You will also learn how to interact with those who have the condition.
Introduction to the ADHD Awareness Certification Course
This online training course will allow you to study this information when it is convenient for you and at your own pace. Many who take this course continue to work a full time job, and study when they can.
You can access this course on any mobile device that has internet access, and you will also have access to online support whenever you require it. The course also includes a syllabus, which has been broken into easy to get through modules.
When completing this course, to test your knowledge of the material, you must take a test, and when passed, you will receive certification, which is recognised throughout several industries. This is a downloadable certificate, or we can post your certification for a small cost.
What You Will Learn
The ADHD course will provide a full overview of what ADHD is, how it is treated, theories surrounding ADHD, and how to live a full life with the condition. When taking this course, you will learn:
- An introduction and history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- ADHD and the family structure.
- How ADHD is diagnosed.
- How ADHD affects children, adolescents, teens, and adults.
- The different treatment methods and therapies for ADHD.
- How to recognize behavioral patterns in those with ADHD.
- What the future of ADHD might look like.
- About the misconceptions often associated with ADHD.
- Examples of ADHD success stories.
Benefits of the ADHD Awareness Certification
Once enrolled on this course, you will find a number of benefits when earning this ADHD Awareness Certification.
- The ability to study anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. You can study in your lunch break, at home, or almost anywhere.
- You can study when you want and how you want. There is no time limit, so you can complete it in days, weeks, or even months.
- You will have the ability to study from any internet-connected device including a PC, cell phone, or tablet.
- An easy to follow structure, as the course is divided into easy to manage modules. This helps to make the experience enjoyable.
- Access to online support, which helps you to stay on track as you study.
- Leaning from a comprehensive course, which will give you all of the knowledge necessary to work with, live with, or interact with those with ADHD.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in the field.
- Access to a trustworthy certification.
- Affordable pricing.
- The basic definition of ADHD
- Who discovered it and created the term
- How understanding has changed over the years
- How to start to take control of the issues
- How children with ADHD act within the household
- Ways parents can initially deal with their child's ADHD diagnosis
- Ways to help siblings cope with an ADHD diagnosis and how to help in this situation
- The family's future, once a child is diagnosed with ADHD
- The initial symptoms of ADHD to keep an eye out for
- How to get that
- First potential treatment options
- How to know if those treatments are making a difference
- What is going on with the child with ADHD?
- How it can affect them in outbursts
- Dealing with those initial outbursts
- Preventing things from getting worse
- Problems in receiving a late diagnosis
- All is not well - signs in adolescents
- How it can affect the growing-up process
- How to move forward in this situation
- The latest research on ADHD in adults
- How it progresses
- How to continue to get treatment
- How to help adults with ADHD
- Frequently prescribed medication for ADHD treatment
- Potential side effects associated with these medications
- Available forms of therapy
- What to do if you feel that the treatment is not helping.
- What does holistic approach actually mean?
- Key treatments associated with this approach
- How effective are they going to be?
- Combining both options, to improve the quality of life
- What we mean by patterns of behavior
- Key patterns to look out for
- How to react when you spot this behavior
- What to worry about and how to proceed
- Basic steps when handling a child with ADHD
- Key mistakes to avoid
- Important strategies to implement for assistance
- How to find helpful resources
- Common everyday issues for those with ADHD
- Common everyday issues for those who help individuals with ADHD
- Issues as an adolescent
- How a person without ADHD can overcome their issues
- Why a diagnosis does not have to ruin their future
- The picture of the future, according to those that do not understand it
- What the outcome can actually be like
- How to make sure that you can have the future that you want with ADHD
- The most common misconceptions linked to the condition
- What the reality is for those with the condition
- How these misconceptions hurt those that have the condition
- What to do in order to rectify the situation
- Examples of success stories of those with ADHD
- Key lessons to take from these success stories
- How to take those lessons - and put them into action
- A step-by-step breakdown on how to improve the life of the sufferer, due to these lessons
- Key points on how ADHD affects the individual
- Key points on how to help those individuals
- How to improve your ability to deal with the condition
- Where to get additional help
Very informative and interesting to read
Very informative and interesting to read. Having it broken down into very manageable sections makes it easy to absorb your new found knowledge.
The course was very well structured and easy to navigate.
I have just completed the ADHD Awareness Certification.
I found the course extremely interesting and informative, especially for parents with children who have ADHD or people who work with children with the condition. It has changed my perspective on the condition a lot. I have therefore recommended this course to others.
The course was very well structured and easy to navigate. The wording used was simple to understand yet effective. The test was multiple choice which I liked and you are able to access your certificate straight after successful completion of the test which I thought was great.
I will definitely be purchasing another course from New Skills Academy.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees