- Course Code: USVC19ASL
- Location: Online
- Duration: 75 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
American Sign Language
American Sign Language is one of the most used visual languages among deaf communities across the world. As the number 1 sign language in North America and the number 3 sign language across the world, there are truly millions of people that use ASL to communicate. Whether these people are hard of hearing, have friends and family who are deaf, or learn it for other reasons, it’s clear that ASL is an essential form of communication.
Learning American Sign Language can offer you a wealth of different benefits, and it is a valuable addition to any resume. Employers increasingly look for workers with such skills, and it is necessary in some industries, such as the scuba diving industry. Take a look at some of the exciting things you will learn in this course:
You Will Learn:
- The origin of American Sign Language and how it was developed, as well as the differences between ASL and other forms of sign language
- The basics of American Sign Language, including the entire sign language alphabet and other useful word and phrase signs
- About one of the most widely used forms of communication in America and across the world among the hard of hearing
- Emergency signs and how to react to a serious situation by using American Sign Language
- About a wide variety of career options and applications that American Sign Language can be used in
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Set yourself apart in the workforce by learning a valuable and interesting skill
- Become well-versed in the most useful elements of American Sign Language
- Have access to a wealth of information and lessons about ASL
- Boost your brain’s ability to synthesize information and process both visual and spoken forms of language
- Continue your education and gain a skill that is useful in a number of different work and personal settings
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees