- Course Code: USFEC16AUT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Autism Awareness Certification
Whether you are a teacher or you have a child of your own with autism, our autism awareness certification is brimming with information, tips and advice to give you the tools to work with these special individuals, helping them enjoy a better quality of life.
The course modules provide you with enough information to give you the ability to start working with children and adults with ease and confidence. The online course gives you access from anywhere at any time, so you can study at home on your laptop or even on the subway on your way home from work, on your smartphone or tablet. The online study experience provided is designed to make studying easier, more convenient and affordable.
Introduction to the Autism Awareness Certification
This course is broken down into eleven information packed modules to make it easier to manage, learn and absorb the material being provided. Each of the modules is set out in an easy to understand format.
On completion of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. You are given two chances to pass. On passing you can download and print your industry recognized certification or you can have your certificate posted to you at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
This course is overflowing with information and is designed to give you the knowledge and skill to work with children and adults with autism on a daily basis. This course will teach you the following:
- An introduction into autism. Learn the definition of this condition so you have a better understanding moving forward.
- The different conditions which could be related to autism
- Identify what learning disabilities are associated with autism
- In-depth knowledge into the social skills, communications and more
- What the main cause of autism is
- Insight into how autism is diagnosed in children
- How people with this condition communicate
- The behavioral patterns of an autistic person
- How to set limits
- Identify the common myths associated with this condition
- How to approach autism
- Insight into how to prepare a person for social engagement
- Learn the valuable person centered approach
- Know how to ensure that you provide a safe environment
- Visual strategies
- Understand why organization is so important
- Learn about organization at home, school, work and in the community
- Know the ethical considerations when working with someone with autism
- Identify how to improve autism awareness
The benefits to completing this Autism Awareness Certification are extensive. You can take advantage of this course if you have a passion for work with children or adults who have this condition and you believe you can make a difference. It can also help you if you are currently working with someone or you teach someone with this condition.
The benefits you can expect to enjoy when completing this certification include:
- Gain valuable insight into working or living with someone with autism
- Learn tips and advice from industry leaders
- Fast track your career
- Receive an industry recognized certification
- All certificates can be verified online
- Further education to show your dedication and passion
- Study online at your own pace
- Complete the course in a matter of days or months
- Study according to your own schedule. Work full time and study part time to complete your certification.
- Easy to manage modules broken down to make studying easier and more enjoyable
- Modules available on most devices
- Online support
- Lifetime access to your study modules
- Affordable price
- An in-depth comparison of autism and Asperger's syndrome
- The three separate conditions on the autism spectrum
- Problems associated with social skills and learning for young people with autism
- The challenges of communication and learning for young autistic individuals
- Address several of the most common myths connected with ASDs
- Look specifically at the theory that measles, mumps and rubella vaccines can lead to autism development
- Investigate suggestions that dietary needs or deficiencies may cause autism
- Address the old theory that autism is a result of poor parenting
- How to ensure a safe environment at all times
- Creating a safety plan for an autistic individual
- Practical and sensible considerations for home, school, and the community
- Various visual strategies that can be helpful in dealing with those on the spectrum
- The important ethical considerations for working effectively with autistic people
- What unethical approaches to dealing with autistic individuals are
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Autism Related Training
- Why ethical considerations need to be made when working with those on the spectrum
What our students have to say…
Has taught me so much about the Autistic spectrum disorder
I have enjoyed doing this course, it was full of excellent information and has taught me so much about the Autistic spectrum disorder.
I will be able to use and implement what I have learnt in my job as a teaching assistant, I would recommend this course to everyone as I believe everyone should have the awareness I now have of people who have Autism.
I had done a fair few online courses to help me be a better teaching assistant and this has to be one of the best courses I have taken and I plan on doing more courses on this site as they are value for money.
This is a fantastic course! I really enjoyed it.
This is a fantastic course! I really enjoyed it. The most useful module is about working with autistic children. There are lots of tips on how to deal with autistic behavior!
This course really helps me in my work as a support for a 4-old autistic boy in a nursery. Every day I use an imaginative role play to develop his social skills. It really works! This course also increases my knowledge about autism and other related conditions.
Thanks to all modules I could increase my English terminology about autism as well (I am Polish). I can recommend this course to all people who are interested in autism! Thank you very much for this course.
There was no pressure on myself and progressed at my own pace
My son has Asperger Syndrome, so when this course, Autism Awareness Certification, came up with 90% off just after Christmas, I thought I would like to do it.
There was no pressure on myself and I progressed at my own pace, the course is very informative with lots of hints and tips. The process of going through the Modules and assignments was also very easy to do. The cost of the course was expensive if I hadn’t had 90% off.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending New Skills Academy courses to other people for their informative and ease of usage. I really enjoyed it.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees