- Course Code: USPC19CAF
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: $100.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Canadian French Level 1
Headed to Canada on a business trip, a holiday, or simply intrigued about this interesting version of the French language? French Canadian Level 1 is the ideal place to start learning about Canadian French and why it’s different than French. The Canadian province of Québec has French as its official language, and most of the population speaks the Canadian, or ‘Québécois’ French as their first language. Although the origin of this language is France, some English influences have crept in over the years. Québec French is full of small differences and idioms that aren’t found in France.
This Level 1 course aims to give you the knowledge of Quebec French necessary to hold conversations, recognise differences, and have a solid basis of vocabulary. Learning Canadian French and beginning to recognise the differences from French, is one of the clearest insights into the development of language and the interesting ways that languages branch off from one another and begin to differ.
You Will Learn:
- How to introduce yourself and greet others in Canadian French
- How to converse briefly in Canadian French, asking and answering short, common questions
- A wide variety of Canadian French vocabulary
- How to count to 20 and name the countries in Canadian French
- How to ask questions about words and foods in Canadian French
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn about the interesting differences between French and Canadian French
- Gain a conversational fluency in Canadian French, useful for business purposes, tourism, or even just curiosity and fun!
- Gain the confidence to speak French in a new location, and awareness of the intriguing ins and outs of Canadian French
- Learn French, or improve your existing French, while also focusing on a specific dialect and learning the colloquialisms used in Canadian French
- Learn about why Canadian French and French have become so different over the years
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees