- Course Code: N/A
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Certified Homestay Host Certification
This course provides you with all the skills and insight you need to successfully make an income from being a certified homestay host. By the time you come to the end of this course, you will have a full understanding that hosting guests is more than just making a bed available, it involves a lot of intricate skills including managing meals, schedules, buying, and balancing the books in order to ensure a profit.
This homestay hosting course will provide you with clarity about what homestay hosting involves and the details of what is required in order to become an accredited host. It clarifies on issues regarding how a host can apply for accreditation with the different networks, how they will be paid, whether they need insurance or not, how they will charge for their services, the number of guests they can host, how to deal with taxes and bookkeeping and methods they can use to improve rankings.
What you will learn
The objective of this course is to ensure that by the end, you will have full knowledge about homestay hosting to the extent that you can successfully register with the homestay network of your choice.
Below are some of the concepts covered by the course.
- A brief overview of what homestay hosting is.
- Details on the benefits of becoming a host and why guests prefer to live with a host as opposed to traditional establishments like hotels.
- Information on who can become a homestay host and what is required of them.
- The process of becoming a certified homestay host.
- Clarification on how the homestay host gets paid and how they charge for the services they provide.
- Information about the kind of guests hosts will be hosting and what the obligations of the host and guests are.
- Information on how to manage finances, improve profit and comply with tax regulations in the United States.
- Tips on how to encourage guests to stay longer.
- How to improve ratings and reviews.
- Tips on creating an environment that will encourage guests to keep coming back and marketing the host through word of mouth.
Benefits of the Certified Homestay Host Course
This course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that provides you with the skills to grow in one of the most fulfilling roles of ensuring guests to the United States have the best experience.
- Easy to understand material that has been divided into 10 digestible modules.
- The ability to successfully run a profitable business from the comfort of your own home.
- An ability to manage finances.
- Skills to conduct an audit of how safe your home is.
- An understanding of the accommodation industry and what is involved in running a business in this industry.
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognized certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
- Understand why you should view your homestay as a business
- Identify things you may need to invest some money in
- Understand the reasons why running a homestay is more complicated than an established business
- Comprehend some of the issues involved in buying stuff for your homestay business
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees