- Course Code: USVC18CHI
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Child Psychology Certification
The Child Psychology Certification will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed in this field in the United States. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know about child psychology and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
During childhood, there is a rapid development of the mind and body. This course will give you a full introduction to the study of child psychology, and as you work through the material, you will obtain a much deeper understanding of how psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
Introduction to the Child Psychology Certification
This training course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to help you achieve your dream of working in the child psychology profession.
The child psychology certification is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken down into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and, once passed, you will be awarded with your certification, which you can download and print, or you can have posted to you at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The child psychology certification is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your journey towards your new career.
This course includes:
- An introduction into child psychology. How psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
- Research and theories on child development and how to apply these theories.
- An overview of cognitive development, from infancy to adolescents.
- Information on genetics and the interaction between genes and the environment.
- The nature/nurture debate and the science supporting each side.
- Learn about a child’s physical development from birth and how the body prepares for adulthood.
- An overview of social development and how to support a child through these changes.
- The stages of emotional development and how it’s linked with a child’s performance at school.
- Learn about childhood intelligence concepts.
- Learn about the importance of a child’s early relationships.
- Language and communication milestones.
- How to improve self-esteem and confidence in children.
- Signs of behavioral problems and specific treatments.
- Understand why proper nutrition is important for a child’s development.
- The transition from adolescence into adulthood.
Benefits of the Child Psychology Certification
There are so many benefits of completing your child psychology certification online, these include:
- Study from anywhere and at any time that is suitable to you. You can study at home after work or during your lunch break.
- Study at your own pace, complete the course within days or months based on your current schedule and workload.
- Study using any device, from your PC when at home, to your tablet or mobile phone when on the move.
- The course is broken down into easy to manage modules to ensure the most enjoyable learning experience at all times.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience to ensure that you stay on track at all times.
- Learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which is guaranteed to give you the knowledge you need to fast track your career within the child psychology profession.
- Improve your prospects when applying for jobs in this field.
- Affordable pricing structure.
- To understand what you will learn in this course
- To learn the definition of child psychology
- To learn about the theories of child psychologists
- To understand the importance of recognizing abnormal behavior
- To learn that different theories are used in child development research
- To understand how each theory developed
- To learn about the similarities and differences between important theories
- To begin to understand which theories govern modern practices in child development
- To learn about the first cognitive development theories
- To understand Piaget's theory of cognitive development
- To understand the Information-Processing theory
- To learn about cognitive development in different life stages
- To learn more about Piaget's sensorimotor stage
- To learn about the sub-stages of the sensorimotor stage
- To understand the concept of object permanence
- To learn more about adaptation and equilibrium
- To learn about the cognitive abilities of toddlers and preschoolers
- To understand Piaget's Theory as it applies to toddlers and preschoolers
- To learn about the preoperational stage of cognitive development
- To learn about toddlers, preschoolers, and memory
- To learn how children in the middle years think
- To learn about Piaget's concrete operational stage
- To learn about how children's thinking changes during the concrete operational stage
- To learn about intelligence and testing intelligence
- To learn about how cognitive development occurs in the teenage years
- To understand how adults can support cognitive development
- To understand how cognitive development changes from early to late adolescence
- To learn what Piaget theorised about cognitive development
- To learn more about how genetics and environment work together in development
- To learn about genes, chromosomes, and DNA
- To understand how the environment might affect genetics
- To learn about genetic abnormalities and their effect on development
- To learn about the history of the debate between nature and nurture
- To learn about some of the science supporting the nature side
- To learn about some of the science supporting the nurture side
- To understand that there are discrepancies in both arguments
- To learn about physical development from birth to two years old
- To understand the physical changes that occur from two to six years old
- To learn about what physical changes occur between the ages of seven to 11 years old
- To understand physical growth from the ages of 12 to 19
- To learn about the major influences on a child's social development
- To understand when children begin to understand themselves
- To learn how culture can affect a child's social development
- To understand how social value and social development is related
- To learn the definition of emotional development
- To learn about the emotional development of a school-aged child
- To learn about the emotional development during adolescence
- To learn about regulating emotions
- To learn about brain development and intelligence
- To learn how to enhance intellectual development
- To learn about various childhood intelligence concepts
- To understand the intellectual development of children in middle childhood
- To learn about the importance of a child's early relationships
- To understand who the child has their first relationships with
- To learn about attachment theory
- To understand the relationship between love and support and security
- To learn about the impact of separation and loss on child development in general
- To learn about the impact of these things on child development at different ages
- To understand how these effects change depending on the age of the child
- To understand how to minimise these effects
- To learn about the language milestones from birth through 12 months
- To learn about the language milestones from age one to two
- To learn about the language milestones from age three to four
- To learn about the language milestones from age four to five
- To learn what self-esteem and confidence is
- To understand the signs of healthy and unhealthy self-esteem
- To learn about methods that improve self-esteem and confidence in
- To learn about building self-esteem in toddlers
- To learn about the signs of behavioral problems
- To understand bad behavior and conduct disorder
- To learn about the long-term effects of behavioral problems and conduct disorder
- To understand the diagnosis of conduct disorder and behavior issues
- To learn the difference between sex and gender
- To understand how gender identity develops
- To learn how children generally express their gender
- To understand the concept of non-conforming to gender or being transgender
- To learn about the branch of the psychology field called educational psychology
- To understand the history of educational psychology
- To learn about different perspectives of educational philosophy
- To learn about how educational psychology approaches learning difficulties
- To learn about the research that supports health and nutrition in childhood development
- To learn about what nutrition is
- To learn why proper nutrition is important
- To learn about the negative and positive effects of nutrition
- To understand physical development into adulthood
- To understand how cognitive changes develop into adulthood
- To learn about the emotional development into adulthood
- To understand about behavioural development as an adult
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees