- Course Code: USMG19CUZ
- Location: Online
- Duration: 16 hours
- Cost: $198.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
- A history of urban gardening;
- How to choose the right location for an urban garden;
- How to determine how much sun a location gets;
- The basic tools that you need for urban gardening;
- How to find out what hardiness rating means
- The USDA and AgCan systems for hardiness
- The difference between annuals and perennials
- Creating a budget for your garden
- How to properly prepare soil for your garden;
- The different ways to plant;
- The importance of crop rotation;
- Correct watering techniques;
- How to properly weed a garden
- How to tackle pests in a garden
- How to stop disease in a garden
- Correct transplanting methods
- How to create compost;
- How to preserve fruit and vegetables;
- How to cut and dry flowers;
- Preparing your garden for winter;
- A history of Zen gardening
- What is Zen?
- What is at the centre of Zen?
- What makes a garden Zen?
- Understanding the elements of a Zen garden
- How yin and yang can be incorporated
- Understanding the symbolism of rocks in a Zen garden
- Gravel in a Zen garden
- Creating a plan for a Zen Garden
- Using Feng Shui in a Zen Garden
- Laying a Foundation for a Zen Garden
- Common Plants for Zen Gardens
- The symbolism of water in Japanese culture
- The symbolism of water in Buddhist culture
- Ponds in Japanese Zen gardens
- Waterfalls in Japanese Zen gardens
- The tools required to care for a Zen Garden
- Preparing the gravel in a Zen Garden
- Raking a Zen Garden
- General Zen garden maintenance
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees