- Course Code: USMB19CBC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 30 hours
- Cost: $399.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- Why you should arrange a meeting with potential clients
- About what you should include in your portfolio
- How to dig into the details to make sure nothing is missed
- When you should plan to talk again with the client to finalize details
- Deciding on the Right Supplies
- Baking and Cake Decorating Supplies
- Kitchen Equipment
- Quality versus Savings
- How to work out the cost of materials per batch
- About surcharges for special ingredients
- How to work out what your time is worth
- What basic ingredients you will need
- Finding a recipe and making it your own
- Vegan cupcake recipes
- Muffin recipes
- How to cater for large orders of cupcakes and muffins
- How to find the perfect birthday cake recipe
- About fillings for birthday cakes
- Healthier cake recipes you can try
- Icing ideas you can try
- About finding the perfect recipe for wedding cakes
- What fillings are popular
- What you need to find out from your client at the initial consultation
- How to price and promote your wedding cake service
- About finding the perfect Christmas cake recipe
- Icing / decorating ideas
- Healthy recipe options
- Christmas cake fillings
- How to keep your cakes moist
- Why it is vital to understand every aspect of your oven
- About rack positions
- The importance of pre-heating and cooking times
- About fondants
- How to use icing colorings
- About using buttercream icing
- What ganache is and how to use it on your cakes
- Piping & how to make a piping bag
- Rosettes & other designs
- How you can embellish your cakes
- The best methods for perfectly stacking your cakes
- What the main uses for cake display stands are
- How to create simple cupcake stands at home
- About wedding cake stands
- The factors you should consider when purchasing wedding cake stands
- How to decide if you or the client is going to transport the cake
- If you have the right sized vehicle
- How to determine the right box size for your cake
- Whether you need help carrying the cake
- Which digital camera is best
- The lenses you should use
- The lighting required for a perfect picture
- What type of backdrops work best when photographing your cakes
- What your overheads will likely be
- How to choose a name for your business
- The software you need to run a cake business
- About employees and benefits
- How to market your business offline
- How to market your business online
- The power a website can have
- About brand insights and development
- The do’s and don’ts when baking a cake
- What to do when things don’t go to plan
- How to handle complaints
- How to provide great customer service
- About Health and Safety Guidelines
- Legal food inspections and how they affect you
- What your hygiene requirements are
- What is the HACCP
- Why accounting is so important
- About Sales Tax & other taxes you have to pay
- About recording keeping and its importance to your business
- How to keep organized with business licenses
- How to find the best staff for your business
- The best way to interview prospective employees
- How to train your staff
- About employee inspection and creating a handbook
- Which general tools are required to bake cookies
- How to choose the best tools for the job
- The importance of having a digital baking thermometer
- How to choose your knives
- The difference between a standard oven and a professional oven
- Information about different heat sources
- How to keep your oven clean
- The benefits and dangers of self-cleaning ovens
- The importance of ensuring that all your measurements are precise
- Information about the best measurement techniques to use, to ensure accuracy
- Common cooking abbreviations
- Common conversions and how to complete them on your own
- What the symptoms of a food allergy are
- Information about the most common allergies
- The difference between a food allergy and a food sensitivity
- Information about common digestive disorders
- A brief history of how the cookie came to be
- Interesting facts about two of America’s favorite cookies
- The ways you can classify cookies
- The key differences between each cookie classification
- Common baking terms that you need to know
- The different methods used to mix batter
- The different methods used to bake cookies
- When you should replace certain baking ingredients
- The things you need to know and have ready before you start baking
- How to put a tasty spin on traditional chocolate chip cookies
- The easiest way to make a sandwich cookie
- How to make Hershey’s Kiss molded cookies for any occasion
- How you can advance your baking skills
- Resources you can turn to when trying to learn tricky baking methods
- How to make advanced molded cookies that appeal to audiences of all ages
- How to make perfect fried cookies every time
- The different types of icing available and the differences between them
- How to make your own royal icing
- Tips on how to add your own spin to standard cookie recipes
- How to manage and work with certain ingredients
- What insurance and licensing requirements you should consider
- How to price your goods
- Information about health and safety compliance
- How to market your small business
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees