- Course Code: USFMG19CMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 25 hours
- Cost: $399.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
- Overview of beauty and makeup artistry
- About lips, eyes, lashes, and skin
- Psychology behind the use of makeup
- Modern makeup artistry trends
- The history of makeup
- The use of cosmetics in ancient times
- The timeline of events in the evolution of makeup
- Makeup and feminists
- What a beauty makeup artist does
- What this career path entails
- What working conditions for makeup artists are like
- Which industry careers are available to you
- The skin's anatomy
- The function of the skin
- Skin care products and techniques
- What you can do to improve your client's skin problems
- Tools that makeup artists use
- How to identify a good brush
- How to care for your brushes
- How to choose the right ones for various applications
- A more detailed account of how to use makeup artist brushes
- Identify what qualities to look for in brushes
- Know the importance of density, length and shape of the brush
- Tips for effective application
- Knowing how to choose the right foundation
- Know about tinted moisturisers
- Identify what other products you will need
- Applying the foundation
- How to use corrective makeup
- Tips for corrective makeup applications
- Essential corrective makeup tools
- How to use various products
- Various makeup styles
- How to decide on an angle
- Daytime looks
- Night-time looks
- How to apply eye makeup
- Different eye shapes and how to correct them
- Get to know common eye makeup mistakes
- List of eye makeup tools you cannot be caught without
- How to apply eyeliner
- The most common eyeliner styles and how to accomplish them
- The most common eyeliner mistakes
- Eyeliner types and how to use them
- How to groom the eyebrows
- The benefits of eyebrow grooming
- The biggest mistakes you can make
- How to fix problems when grooming brows
- How to add fake lashes into your looks
- How to apply fake lashes
- What you need to know about false lashes
- Common application mistakes and how to fix them
- How to apply cheek color
- What you need to know about cheek color
- Types of blush and when to use them
- Cheek color based on face shape
- How to apply lip color
- Tips for lip color application
- Benefits of using lip color
- Common mistakes when applying lip color
- About recent beauty trends
- Lip trends
- Eye trends
- Hair trends
- About various types of makeup that can be used in television, film, and magazines
- Overview of basic makeup
- How to emphasize features
- Character makeup
- How to match makeup and hair
- Types of looks
- Makeup based on hair color
- Working with hair stylists
- Maintaining radiant skin
- Important steps
- Essential tips and advice
- Essential vitamins and minerals for radiant skin
- Makeup for summer
- Makeup for winter
- Choosing makeup according to your clients' season
- Latest season trends
- About advanced techniques of makeup application
- Some useful tips you can rely on
- Step-by-step guide to contouring
- Essential eye techniques
- Managing your salon
- Tips for working with product companies
- Money management
- About health and safety
- The importance of having a makeup trial and tips on how to ensure it is a success
- The types of tools and equipment you need to complete a bride’s makeup
- Information about the various types of makeup brushes that are available
- Recommended brands of skincare products, brushes and cleansers
- How to prepare the eyelid for a smoky eye look
- Techniques involved in applying the base coat of eyeshadow
- How to add a smoky appeal to your base coat
- Tips and techniques for eyeliner, mascara and false lashes
- The importance of using primer
- How to properly apply concealer depending on the type
- Tips on how to smoothly apply foundation
- Information on contouring
- The best methods to use for appointment booking
- How to accept payment and what to do if it is late
- Why you should think about offering extra services
- How to deal with difficult brides
- Which important legal decisions you must make early on
- How to organize your finances
- Tips on how to attract clients
- Information about filling your kit
- What it means to contour and highlight;
- The pros and cons of using creams versus powders;
- Which products are best to use for contouring and highlighting;
- The brushes you should be sure to have;
- The steps involved in preparing a face for contouring and highlighting;
- How to choose and apply the base coat of makeup;
- Tips on highlighting;
- How to contour;
- All about non-touring;
- How to complete the strobe look;
- Information about tontouring;
- What it means to “bake” the face;
- Techniques that you can use, to reshape your nose;
- How to highlight, if you want to hide wrinkles;
- Contouring, to make your face slimmer;
- Using contouring, to vary the shape of your eyes;
- How to choose a foundation, based on your skin tone;
- Details about selecting the perfect concealer;
- Information about buying the best bronzer, depending on skin type;
- Why moisturizing is important, and how to pick the right moisturizer;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees