- Course Code: USMG19CWC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 21 hours
- Cost: $399.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Module 1: Definition and History of Mindfulness and How Meditation Practices Can Help Us Enjoy Present Moment Awareness
- The definition of mindfulness
- The relevance and importance of mindfulness in our everyday lives
- The origins and history of mindfulness
- The Buddhist concept of mindfulness
- What is meditation; definition and understanding meditation;
- Physiology of meditation;
- Mental, physical and emotional benefits of meditation;
- Meditation as a healing modality.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Jon Kabat-Zinn;
- Introduction, importance, and benefits;
- Mindful stretching (Hatha yoga), mindful exercises, meditation;
- How mindfulness-based therapies can help anxiety and pain;
- Detailed insights into the use of MBSR and MBCT as clinical interventions;
- The rationale behind using mindfulness-based interventions for the treatment of depression;
- The core therapeutic components of mindfulness-based interventions;
- The use of MBCT for cancer patients;
- How mindfulness impacts our daily lives;
- Mindfulness and reactive behaviors;
- Comparison and contrast between MBSR and MBCT;
- Mindfulness-based intervention therapies;
Module 6 : Mindful Parenting, Mindfulness and Meditation Practices, How to Become a Mindfulness Instructor
- Introduction and relevance of mindful parenting;
- Important aspects of mindful parenting;
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation;
- Mindfulness meditation practices.
- Reprogramming tenacious patterns of thinking;
- How to restructure the way you relate to yourself;
- The four fundamental tenets of mindfulness;
- Common myths regarding mindfulness and meditation;
- Mindful eating, control of cravings, binge eating patterns;
- Mindfulness and healthy weight loss;
- Mindfulness interventions in the treatment of chronic pain;
- Mindfulness interventions for abuse and trauma survivors;
- Mindfulness applications in our everyday lives;
- Different mindfulness meditation exercises, including breathing, concentration, visualization etc.;
- Progressive muscle relaxation;
- Mindfulness and leadership practices;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees