- Course Code: KAVBP9F2K1
- Location: N/A
- Duration: N/A hours
- Cost: Free
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
- Understand what it takes to be an effective meeting leader or attendee
- Learn how to prepare an effective agenda for a successful meeting
- Discover the different types of meetings and which ones suit your needs
- Know how to prepare for a meeting to maximise the changes of successful outcomes
- Identify the personal traits of leaders who lead effective meetings and learn how to emulate them
- Learn how leaders can create the conducive environment necessary for everyone’s participation
- Understand the role of meeting leaders in controlling the direction of meetings and sticking to agendas
- Realise the importance of fostering openness during discussions and learn how to achieve it
- Identify how to centre meetings around a clear purpose and defined objectives
- Learn how to select meeting attendees and inspire active, collaborative participation.
- Understand how to implement a process for developing meeting agendas.
- Discover how to measure the success of meetings by identifying specific outcomes and determining results
- Understand what an efficient meeting is and the elements necessary to create one
- Learn how to communicate with personal authority and the posture necessary to achieve such an outcome
- Identify disruptive influences and personalities, learn how to prevent them from hindering your meeting
- Learn when the proper time is for summarising agenda points and the meeting as a whole
- Identify and demonstrate positive behaviours which inspire meeting effectiveness
- Learn how to add value to meetings with documentation, guides and technology
- Discover how to effectively take notes and actions which support progress and prevent overwhelm
- Understand the importance of drawing effective and regular conclusions during and at the end of meetings
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees