- Course Code: USVC19COO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Baking cookies is an incredibly rewarding experience. Not only is it a great way to save money while entertaining, it is a fantastic hobby where you can express your creativity, while also showing off your chemistry skills.
For those new to baking, the thought of stepping foot in a kitchen and creating a delicious batch of cookies can seem daunting. However, with the right tools, knowledge and a bit of confidence, anyone can master the art of cookie making.
This course gives you everything you need to know about how to create wonderful cookies each and every time. We begin by introducing you to the tools and equipment you need.
Next, we walk you through the various methods, techniques and tips you should learn before you start mixing your ingredients.
We then provide you with a number of easy and advanced recipes for you to try out.
Finally, we tell you what you need to know if you plan on opening your own baking business.
You Will Learn:
- How to choose the right tools and equipment for your baking needs
- The difference between measuring by volume and measuring by weight, and which one is recommended
- Details about how to convert your ingredients from one measurement system to another
- The various baking and mixing techniques you need to know, in order to make a variety of types of cookie
- The different categories and characteristics of cookies
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning what you need to do if you plan on opening your own bakery
- Obtaining a number of unique and delicious recipes that you can use, in order to test and advance your skills
- Obtaining a number of conversion charts you can keep, to make baking easy
- Learning which tools and equipment you can splurge on and which you can safely buy at bargain stores
- Understanding more about food allergies and intolerances
- Which general tools are required to bake cookies
- How to choose the best tools for the job
- The importance of having a digital baking thermometer
- How to choose your knives
- The difference between a standard oven and a professional oven
- Information about different heat sources
- How to keep your oven clean
- The benefits and dangers of self-cleaning ovens
- The importance of ensuring that all your measurements are precise
- Information about the best measurement techniques to use, to ensure accuracy
- Common cooking abbreviations
- Common conversions and how to complete them on your own
- What the symptoms of a food allergy are
- Information about the most common allergies
- The difference between a food allergy and a food sensitivity
- Information about common digestive disorders
- A brief history of how the cookie came to be
- Interesting facts about two of America’s favorite cookies
- The ways you can classify cookies
- The key differences between each cookie classification
- Common baking terms that you need to know
- The different methods used to mix batter
- The different methods used to bake cookies
- When you should replace certain baking ingredients
- The things you need to know and have ready before you start baking
- How to put a tasty spin on traditional chocolate chip cookies
- The easiest way to make a sandwich cookie
- How to make Hershey’s Kiss molded cookies for any occasion
- How you can advance your baking skills
- Resources you can turn to when trying to learn tricky baking methods
- How to make advanced molded cookies that appeal to audiences of all ages
- How to make perfect fried cookies every time
- The different types of icing available and the differences between them
- How to make your own royal icing
- Tips on how to add your own spin to standard cookie recipes
- How to manage and work with certain ingredients
- What insurance and licensing requirements you should consider
- How to price your goods
- Information about health and safety compliance
- How to market your small business
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees