- Course Code: 9892PH8A
- Location: Online
- Duration: 7 hours
- Cost: $199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Handling Difficult People and Situations
Difficult people cost businesses hundreds of billions of pounds every year. Learning how to deal with difficult people therefore, is not just a necessary business move to protect your bottom line, it presents an untapped opportunity to dramatically increase your revenue. Furthermore, it also offers powerful interpersonal skills that will help you interact with people in all areas of life.
Understanding why people act in a difficult manner and how to resolve the problems they create improves morale, productivity and contributes to a professional work environment. When difficult people create conflicts, it arises from their basic human needs being unfulfilled. Learning how to communicate needs and have them met is the key to dealing with difficult people. This course will show you exactly how.
This course has been designed for employers and employees of businesses who want to face the inevitable challenges that arise between individuals with the best tools and knowledge at their disposal. The course content will teach you all the skills you need to successfully handle difficult people and situations for the best possible outcome.
The knowledge and information contained in this course is accessible and clear. The contents have been informed by scientifically validated research based studies. This course contains deeply insightful information and strategies to deal with difficult people, and exercises, tests and worksheets for you to experiment with and apply what you learn at your own pace.
What you will learn
- Understand human needs and their influence on behaviour
- Use communication skills to reduce conflicts in the workplace
- Recognise and minimise disruptive workplace behaviour
- Recognise the factors that promote and hinder productivity
- Recognise the characteristics of difficult people
- Deal with difficult people with effective solutions
- Identify the sources of difficult behaviour
- Identify the most common difficult personality traits and how to deal with them
- Focus on the solution (rather than the problem) to deal with difficult people
The skills and knowledge contained within this course are applicable to any business or organisation and will empower you to confidently deal with the most difficult of situations for the best possible outcomes.
- Understand the six universal human needs and how they drive individual behaviour.
- Learn how to incorporate Transactional Analysis communication skills in the workplace to reduce conflict and increase effectiveness.
- Be able to recognise and minimise counterproductive workplace behaviour.
- Grasp the importance of employee recognition, appreciation and autonomy for productivity and work quality.
- Identify what behaviours make a person difficult and how you can identify them
- Learn how to handle difficult people, focusing on solutions to difficult situations and people.
- Find out the underlying causes of difficult behaviour and awkward personalities
- Learn how to confidentially challenge people and reduce unnecessary conflict
- Understand the psychology of difficult employees and awkward customers
- Learn how to deal with difficult situations and difficult people in the work place
- Uncover more about the different types of difficult employees
- Discover the tips for managing difficult employees, bosses and colleagues
- Develop personal skills and resilience for dealing with difficult people
- Understand how to overcome conflict and move towards negotiation
- Learn how to create effective relationships in life and at work
- Discover how to extract as much information as possible by actively listening
- Learn how to reduce your emotional reactions to others by not taking matters so personally
- Uncover some of your own limiting behaviours and attitudes towards life and others
- Find ways to create a more positive attitude to life and create a better experience for yourself
- Understand how our environment and perceptions influence our physical and mental health
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees