- Course Code: USVC19DIG
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3.0 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Digital Art Tools for Photoshop Certification
Ever wonder why a picture in a magazine looks flawless or how creative an advertising banner looks? While being a professional designer or photographer may have a lot to do with it, the potential to create amazing images is possible for anyone. The key is to learn how to use the right post-production software, such as Adobe Photoshop. The ability to create multi-layers with unique effects and designs allows the designer to add depth and dimension. It is important to understand what Photoshop is used for as it has multiple functions and can be a very useful tool in not just editing photos, but also creating pamphlets, banners, business cards and flyers. This course will teach you about the benefits of such a program and also provides instructions on how to use it for both professional and personal needs.
Throughout the course, you will see 21 different videos. Each video will take you on a step-by-step journey through the basic features of Photoshop. While there are several obvious features, such as the ‘Layers’ dialogue box, there are additional ways to use each tool to maximize the post effects of a photo.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to create a new file and adjust a canvas size that is suitable to project needs
- How to navigate through the software, where to find its tools and understand the layout of the page
- Learn how to identify Photoshop tools and understand their basic functionalities
- Learn how to identify the secondary tools, how to select them and what they are used for
- Learn shortcuts and understand how and when to use them
- How to use the layer option and understand the layer dialogue box
- Learn how to use and apply adjustment layers
- How to add effects and filter to an existing image
- You will learn the basic steps of using Photoshop and can begin to create a design
- How to become more efficient by using shortcuts and understanding the use of specific tools
- You will understand how to enhance an image and ways to crop the image to reuse for another project
- The importance of colors and how they can be adjusted and enhanced using the different color options such as color balance
- How to use brightness and contrast, exposure and hue and saturation to manipulate a photo
- How to use rulers to make creative designs such as pamphlets
- Design elements that enhance a creative project
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees