- Course Code: USFEC18DAW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Awareness Diploma
This course gives you everything you need to know about drug and alcohol addiction awareness. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to address this complex, sensitive and difficult issue.
This drug and alcohol addiction awareness course covers many topics related to drug and alcohol use, misuse and addiction. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to identify addiction in themselves and others, as well as tools to support recovery.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for understanding the reasons behind drug and alcohol abuse, giving them the ability to treat these issues with empathy and diplomacy. The course also covers the importance of developing a workplace drug and alcohol policy, as well as providing tips on how to create a comprehensive one. Students of this course further learn about the myths, misconceptions and legal facts surrounding drug and alcohol use.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give students a total overview of this subject area.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The prevalence of drug and alcohol abuse throughout the UK
- Information about the types of alcohol and its effects on the body
- The signs of alcohol abuse and how to seek treatment
- Information about the types of drugs commonly abused, including over-the-counter and prescription medication
- How to identify drug abuse in yourself and loved ones
- Popular and dangerous myths and misconceptions about drug and alcohol use
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on developing drug and alcohol awareness among all staff members
- How to create a drug and alcohol policy that is easy-to-understand
- Tools and tips on dealing with addiction in the workplace
- Information on how to reduce the risk of alcohol and drug abuse for your staff members
Benefits of the Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course
This drug and alcohol addiction awareness course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you the tools you need to understand this highly complex issue
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of feeling confident when dealing with issues related to drug and alcohol abuse
- The ability to identify problematic behaviours in yourself and others before they become worse
- Learn how to manage addiction in the workplace
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
- Information about drug and alcohol abuse in the UK
- Important statistics covering the prevalence of this issue
- About addiction
- Occupations at risk for abuse of drugs and/or alcohol
- The history of alcohol use
- Differences between the various types of alcohol, from a chemical standpoint and in relation to alcoholic beverages
- How to calculate alcohol strengths
- Information about the legal limit
- Information about the inappropriate use of alcohol
- The meaning of blood alcohol concentration and what it means from a practical standpoint
- The health risks of alcohol abuse
- What the signs of alcoholism are
- Basic information about legal and illegal drugs
- A brief history of drug use
- Information about the types of drugs
- Details about the legal classification of drugs
- An overview of illegal drug abuse
- Information about the misuse of over the counter and prescription medicine
- What the signs of drug abuse are and how to observe them in yourself and others
- The health risks of drug abuse
- Common Myths, Laws, Penalties and Punishments for Drugs and Alcohol
- Common myths and misconceptions about drugs and alcohol
- UK legislation regarding the consumption and distribution of drugs and alcohol
- Penalties and punishments for common drug-related offences
- The difference between casual use and problematic use of drugs and alcohol whilst at work
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on drug and alcohol awareness, as well as how drug and alcohol use can impact your workplace
- The signs of drug or alcohol abuse in your employees or co-workers
- Your legal obligations regarding drug and alcohol abuse
- Why a policy is necessary for all UK organisations
- The people you should consult with before finalising the drug and alcohol policy
- The key components to any drug and alcohol policy, along with other essential requirements
- Information about the investigative tools you should include in your policy
- What to do when you suspect a drug or alcohol-related issue at the workplace
- The types of reporting issues you may come across
- Ways in which to offer support to affected employees, as well as when to consider disciplinary measures
- Drug and alcohol testing considerations
- The workplace risks that may lead to drug and alcohol misuse
- Other risks that could lead to drug and alcohol abuse at work
- Specific advice for reducing the prevalence of drug and alcohol misuse at your workplace
- How to address common workplace risks
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees