- Course Code: USVC19WEA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.0 hours
- Cost: $199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Extreme Weather Safety
Being aware of the risks of extreme weather, as well as specific safety measures, can help us prepare for different weather emergencies.
Extreme weather risks such as storms, hurricanes, tornadoes and extreme heat or cold can take us unawares and result in injuries or even death if we’re not careful.
However, the good news is knowing exactly what to do can help you respond rather than react to the situation.
You Will Learn
- The technical jargon and interpretation of public advisories issued by the weather authorities. You’ll also learn how to prepare for a hurricane and what to do if you’re caught in one.
- Tornadoes can be devastating and you’ll learn what to do – and what not to do – in case of a tornado warning, or if a tornado passes over your area. The course will explain the best places to take shelter and how to avoid injuries.
- You will become aware of the safety measures you can take if you’re caught in your car, while on foot, or in your home during a sudden flash flood.
- How to prevent sunburn, dizziness and lightheadedness in extreme summer heat and what you can do protect yourself and loved ones from extreme cold. The course will also explain important do's and don’ts if you’re trapped in your car in extreme cold.
Benefits of The Course
- You can effectively protect yourself, your loved ones and your property from the risks of extreme weather.
- Learning the terms and jargon in public advisories helps you understand the severity of the warning and decide on the best way to proceed.
- By understanding the safety measures involved, you can prepare a family plan beforehand and minimize the likelihood of injuries and in extreme cases, even avoid fatalities.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees