- Course Code: USAC21IBS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Being a Sommelier
Being a sommelier can be a lucrative profession for the right person. It involves a passion for wines and everything about them. The professionals understand how to prepare, pour, present and serve wine to customers in restaurants. They also know the right wine to pair with what food. With tastings, sommeliers can identify wines, including their characteristics. This course covers four modules as an introduction to being a sommelier.
What You Will Learn
- The role of a sommelier
- How to converse with a sommeliers
- How to become a sommelier
- Qualifications and skills of a sommelier
- Getting started with being a sommelier
- The cost of attaining a certification
- Potential earnings of sommeliers
- How to become a master sommelier
- Differences between a sommelier and a master sommelier
Benefits of Taking the Course
- Determine if you want to become a sommelier
- Learn what it takes to become a sommelier
- Understand what certifications are needed
- Determine if you want to be a sommelier or a master sommelier
- Know the roles of a sommelier
- Workplace benefits to look out for
- Proper self-presentation
- To gain knowledge by attending wines fairs and events, vineyard harvesting, by reading relevant resources
- To gain knowledge by attending wines fairs and events, vineyard harvesting, by reading relevant resources / Differences between a Sommelier and a Master Sommelier
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees