- Course Code: USVC20PYT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Introduction to Teaching Yoga Certification
This course on yoga basics, techniques and benefits is ideal for those interested in starting a career as a yoga coach and also for those looking to reap the benefits of yoga. We strongly recommend reviewing each module and practising the poses for higher levels of competence before you start your own yoga class.
In order to become a proficient yoga coach, you need to possess full knowledge regarding alignment, breathing and postures. You must also be aware of how to adapt postures for clients for their unique requirements.
You will Learn:
- The different schools of yoga and the principles, rules, postures, benefits and alignment of yoga poses
- The anatomy and physiology of the human body and how they benefit from yoga poses
- The endocrine system and hormone secretion and the mechanism of breathing
- Standing, seated, supine and inverted yoga postures along with a detailed analysis of benefits, alignment, breathing techniques and contraindications
- Detailed strategies that explain how to conduct a yoga class while teaching yoga to a group
- The importance of the continual practice of postures and breathing techniques
- The necessity of clear communication with your students, before and during classes
- Insurance considerations / Marketing tips and how to get your class established
- Some general guidance on class structure and sequencing
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees