- Course Code: USVC21JWB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Journalling for Wellbeing Certification
This course is designed to introduce you to the profoundly transformative, insightful and growth-orientated practice of journalling. It introduces you to the benefits of journalling for all-round wellbeing: cultivating personal growth, good mental health, creativity, problem-solving and intuitive decision making.
The course will help you find yourself and your true voice, in order to experience therapeutic self-expression and newfound clarity. The course will walk you through the practicalities of establishing a fruitful long-term journalling practice and how to avoid 'falling off the wagon' with it, as well as featuring many quick exercises that offer immediate benefits and boosts to your mindset, insight and outlook.
Like any method of self-care, journalling works best when it is cultivated as a regular habit; therefore, the course also lays out how to navigate the practicalities and avoid the pitfalls of making journalling part of your wellbeing routine.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- The nuts and bolts of journalling and its benefits
- How journalling can boost mood, develop cognitive and emotional insights and breakthroughs, cultivate greater self-confidence and improve decision making and problem-solving skills
- How to establish a sustainable and healthy journalling practice, as part of your self-care routine, including how to avoid common pitfalls in creating a new habit
- How journalling can support personal growth
- How journalling can support mental health
- How journalling can support creative expression
- Prompts and exercises throughout, to help you explore all the aforementioned categories
The Benefits of This Course:
- Learn how to gain profound clarity and insight into your inner world and psyche through straightforward and easily applicable self-inquiry tools
- Experience new ways of seeing and a new perspective by using journalling prompts to get to know yourself better and to approach challenges from new angles Improve your mental health and wellbeing
- Boost your self-confidence and gain a clearer understanding of any difficulties that you face, and discover the solutions that lie untapped within you
- Learn how to shut out the noise, express yourself in a safe space and find your true voice, and, in doing so, discover a new freedom in your life
- How journalling harnesses our natural tendency to use narrative, to make sense of our experience, and how it helps us to gain greater insight and freedom in our lives
- What the characteristics of expressive writing are, and how to cultivate a 'flow state', in order to access parts of the mind to which we don't normally have access, and how these can help us to solve problems and make decisions
- Scientifically proven ways in which journalling is beneficial to us
- Different styles and approaches to journalling, depending on what your goals may be
- How to use journalling as a mechanism for expansion, for broadening your horizons, going after your goals and developing insight into how you may get closer to the life that you dream of
- How to make an insightful appraisal of the different categories within your life, whereby you may wish to cultivate growth, and, from there, how to set manageable goals and track your progress
- How to interrogate and reframe limiting beliefs as informative teachers and guides for how you can discover new opportunities and shift your reality
- Prompts and journalling exercises that lead to transformation and growth
- Why it is healthy to express yourself in writing and some of the benefits to our mental health that this can bring
- Why journalling is a therapeutic practice, whether undertaken solo or under the guidance of a therapist
- Prompts and writing exercises that you can incorporate into your journalling practice, to bring about healing, the integration of difficult experiences and the arrival at a sense of peace or, at least, insight into the nature of a specific issue, which could provide direction for further resources that you may need
- Why personal expressive writing is so strongly linked to creative expression
- Ways in which you can explore your creativity and be creative about how you explore yourself through your journalling practice and in your day-to-day life
- A series of prompts and exercises that are suitable for anyone, existing creatives or otherwise, designed to richly prepare you for creative flow
- That everyone has creativity; there's no such thing as someone who hasn't; it's simply a case of understanding how to let it out
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees