- Course Code: USPC19LAT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Latin – Level 1
Latin is the root language of all the Romance languages. English, French, Spanish, Italian, and several others all come from Latin. While some people describe it as a dead language, it’s anything but dead. Learning Latin offers an insight into the history and culture of many countries that no other language is able to. Latin plays a huge role in areas like theology, philosophy, and science, making it one of the most intriguing languages to learn. Since Latin plays such a big part in so many other languages, learning its vocabulary and grammar rules are great steps towards learning any other language you may be interested in.
Level 1 Latin focuses on giving you the conversational tools to start you off with your Latin education. The modules then move on to giving you the skills to ask and answer questions, count, and learn a wide variety of Latin vocabulary words.
You Will Learn:
- How to introduce yourself and hold a short conversation in Latin
- How to ask and answer questions
- How to count and name the countries in Latin
- A wide selection of useful Latin vocabulary
- How to describe people, ask them what they would like, and greet people
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Gain an interesting insight into culture, history, art, theology, science, and a wide array of other disciplines by learning the ancient language that provided them with root words
- Learn about the mother language of several other languages, giving you language skills that can be applied in several other learning situations
- Gain the confidence to converse in Latin, as well as read and write
- Learn and constantly practise a wide variety of Latin vocabulary to ensure you absorb each module
- Participate in expertly designed modules that make it easier than ever to learn an ancient language without feeling overwhelmed or discouraged
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees