- Course Code: USVC18HTC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Level 1 HTML & CSS Certificate
HTML5 is a useful web-programming language that allows you to create feature-rich apps that can run on a wide variety of devices. HTML5 combines the awesome power and flexibility of HTML4 along with multi-media rich features, and you are no longer at the mercy of Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android when you develop your own apps. In fact, after using HTML5, you can actually design your own app and promote it on the open web. It’s easier to develop apps with HTML5 as the programming language provides flexible cross-platform compatibility.
Important topics covered in the course include:
The video course on HTML5 teaches beginners (who may have no prior knowledge of HTML) the programming basics and explains other features throughout subsequent videos. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to choose the correct text editor and browser for running HTML5 and how to open a new file and type in basic code
- The concept of tags and how to include website text between the correct tags and how to nest tags in the right manner
- How to preview your website as you develop it and using the correct syntax in code
- How to use basic CSS files and commands to help your website content look better
- How to create lists, links and tables and incorporate the instructions correctly in HTML5 code
- How to use form and input tags to accept information from the user
- Lab test exercises to test your skills after every video tutorial
Benefits of studying the course:
- You can test your skills by doing the practice tests provided in the course
- Your knowledge of the basics can enable you to learn more advanced levels of HTML5
- You can start developing your own apps by using HTML5 code without depending on Google and Apple
- Even those with zero programming knowledge can do this course and learn the terms and basics
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees