- Course Code: USVC18CPRO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 13 hours
- Cost: was $299.00 $25.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Level 1 Programming Certification
Smartphones, electric cars and the internet of things are some of the major technological advancements of human civilization. Interestingly, the one thing that all these advancements have in common is that they are all built using code. If technology continues to flourish the way it has in just the last 20 years, then understanding how machines work can be a very useful tool. More than being just useful, knowing how to be a developer can not only pave the way for many professional opportunities, but it can also enhance the brain’s functionality.
Over the course of the years, many jobs have become obsolete, but the advancement of technology has been consistent. Over time, computer programming has become more and more comprehensive. Learning how to code – even if it is just the basics – will serve as a foundation to any developer’s education. Not only will it be beneficial in building coding knowledge, but also in building a portfolio of work.
This Learn to Program course will take an in-depth look at computer programming and will begin to prepare you for a career in developing.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn about the basic structures common to all programming languages and environments
- Learn the basics of Python and how to use HTML 5 to write code
- How to develop a mobile device
- The course is made of video structures and practical lab applications
- Python is a great beginner’s language
- Learn about displaying text concepts and the separation of concerns
- The basics of styling with CSS and the more complex aspects of CSS such as learning about Box Models and layouts
- Learn about input, output, and variables
- Learn about the importance of “if’ statements – otherwise known as conditionals - and how to use them in programming and the frequency in which they are used
- Learn about functions
- Learn how to organise and structure real-life data
- Learn the benefits of using tables and how they can be used in programming
- Understand full-stack web applications
- You will get exposure to the major types of programming used today – it will teach you the fundamentals of development
- You will get to complete some real professional-level tasks
- Know how to make your CSS responsive
- Be able to identify the similarities and benefits among the different languages - this will not only improve coding skills, but will also pave the way for more professional opportunities
- Create more professional opportunities
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees