- Course Code: US21VCLBP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Lower Back Pain
Note: This course has been designed primarily for Fitness Instructors.
Many people suffer from lower back pain, and this is one of the most common problems; after colds and flu. As a fitness instructor, you will often encounter clients who suffer from lower back pain. This course on lower back pain explains all you need to know about how the lower back muscles function and why people develop back pain.
It’s very important to keep in mind that physical instructors must stay within their scope of practice and refrain from diagnosing or treating lower back pain. Clients with acute or chronic lower back pain must get medical clearance before you can create an exercise plan for them.
This course on lower back pain covers an extensive range of topics related to lower back pain.
You will Learn:
- The anatomy of the back, including the structure and function of discs, facet joints, vertebrae, sacrum and coccyx, and how these structures work with each other, to provide support and function
- Common causes of back pain, including degenerative disc disease, slipped disc, narrowing of the spine, disc resorption and pregnancy
- Risk factors for lower back pain, including age, occupational hazards, fitness levels and training adaptations
- The three main types of spinal curves: kyphosis, lordosis and scoliosis, and abnormal sagittal curves that cause lower back dysfunction
- How to perform risk assessments for clients with lower back pain and interpret the results, to create a suitable exercise program
- How to train clients with flexion and extension-related lower back problems, using different approaches
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- You will gain a better understanding of how the back muscles and structures work, and this will help you identify possible pain triggers
- You can use the risk assessment tips to conduct a detailed assessment before creating an exercise plan
- You will know when to progress or regress a client and when to refer them for medical clearance
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees