- Course Code: USMG19MAX
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
How to Maximize Your Tips in the Service Industry
More Americans are working tip-based jobs now than ever before. It can be
incredibly difficult to rely on tips for your income, especially if you work one of the jobs where most of your take-home pay is in the form of cash tips.
While the industry has gotten more competitive, customer expectations have risen exponentially, making it crucial to learn how to maximize your tips wherever possible, if you plan on making a career in the service industry.
This course gives you everything you need to learn regarding how to maximize your tips, regardless of which specific service industry position you work.
We begin by going over the service industry and customer service in detail, reviewing the different hospitality segments and letting you know why delivering topnotch customer service is so important.
We then move on to reviewing the cost of providing bad service, letting you know how it affects your entire establishment.
Finally, we close out the course with modules covering the specific strategies you can use, to increase your tips.
You Will Learn:
- What it means to deliver high quality service
- How to recover from service failures and missteps based on three of the most popular customer resolution systems in the world
- How to determine what issues, questions, and concerns your customers may have, so you can address them before they become problematic
- What the exact cost of delivering bad service is to you and to your establishment
- Specific steps you can take, both in how you appear and how you interact with customers, to increase your tips
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning the specific skills you need to work on, to earn more tips
- Understanding how to set a budget, even if most of your income comes from cash tips
- Learning how to treat tips from a tax perspective, so you avoid penalties
- Reading about other ways you can earn more money, while still working in the service industry
- Understanding the importance of good customer service
- The different segments that exist in the service industry
- Key terms and definitions relevant to foodservice
- Sample jobs that rely on tips to make up their salary and wage expectations
- The qualifications needed to work in the service industry
- Why customer service is so important
- Why you need to understand the motives of your customers
- The three key aspects of a customer’s experience
- How to customize a customer’s experience, based on their motives
- The definition of bad customer service and common examples
- Why bad service happens
- The impact that providing bad service to just one customer can have
- How social media plays a role in the importance of consistent and quality customer service
- What quality service is
- Information about three popular and successful customer service models
- Details about the three circles of customer service and how they can improve your tips
- How to anticipate your customers’ needs
- How the practice of tipping began
- Why people tip
- Interesting facts and statistics about tipping practices
- The truth behind common tipping myths
- Why personal appearance matters, when it comes to tips
- Ways to amend physical aesthetics, in order to increase tips
- How the way your workplace looks can affect your tips
- How to organize the interior of the establishment, in order to increase the likelihood that your customers are going to tip
- Why personality matters in tip-based positions
- Specific things you can do, to appear friendlier and more personable to guests
- How you can establish a connection with your guests
- The importance of upselling, and how to do so, without pressuring your guests
- The common financial mistakes made by those in the service industry
- Information about how tips are treated at tax time
- Information about reporting requirements, when it comes to tips
- The importance of creating a budget
- How to identify where the customer service failure lies using the five gaps model
- General information about how you can recover from customer service mistakes
- The model used by Disney and other organizations around the world, to resolve customer complaints
- Details about how to apply customer service lessons to your own position
- What kind of courses and programs you can take that may help you earn more money
- The way experience ties into money and how you can make the most of your time with any given establishment
- Information about applying for promotions within your organization
- Information about switching jobs
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees