- Course Code: USVC18NHC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: N/A
- Compatibility: N/A
Nutrition and Hydration Certification
Nutrition is the process of taking in nutrients from food, relevant to our various dietary needs. Our bodies need certain nutrients for continued growth, cell repair and other metabolic processes throughout life, and we thus need to be extremely aware of what to include in our diets.
To be able to make informed decisions regarding our nutritional needs, it’s important to understand the basic principles behind nutrition, in which water and hydration also play a role.
Various guides and tools may be used to help ensure we get the nutritional balance and support needed, including the Eatwell Guide and Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST), both of which will be discussed in this course.
You Will Learn:
- About the different types of nutrients our body needs and the various categories these nutrients can be broken down into.
- What the benefits of water and staying hydrated are.
- How the Eatwell Guide can help ensure you maintain a balanced diet.
- How malnutrition is defined and the role the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool plays in identifying malnutrition.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will be able to identify the nutrients needed to maintain a healthy body.
- You will better understand what different foods are made of and which category of nutrient they fall under.
- Your knowledge will allow you to identify the signs of malnutrition and dehydration and equip you with preventative steps.
- Your knowledge will improve your awareness of healthy eating and allow you to make more informed choices with regards to a balanced diet.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees