- Course Code: USAACPFA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: N/A
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Pediatric First Aid
While first aid skills play a crucial role in any emergency situation, it’s particularly important for those who care for children. Children are naturally inquisitive and often get injured or hurt whilst exploring and playing. When an emergency arises your confidence and first aid knowledge will not only be handy, but it could also even make the difference between life and death.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of learning first aid skills and how you can: reduce risks by keeping a fully equipped first aid kit, help the child until the paramedics arrive, and perhaps save his or her life in the process
- How to clean and dress scrapes and wounds and use the RICE rule to look after a child with sprains or broken bones
- How to position a child with head injuries correctly, recognize symptoms of concussion, treat different degree burns and help a choking child to breathe again
- Very importantly, you will also learn how to provide CPR to a child. The course will also teach you how to provide chest compressions, give rescue breaths and how to position a child who is not breathing
Benefits of the Course:
- The course helps you become familiar with the different types of emergencies that can occur and teaches you to recognize signs of serious situations such as concussion and snake bites
- Not only will you learn what you should do, but you will also learn about what you shouldn’t do to worsen the situation
- First aid skills training helps you respond correctly, without panic or confusion, in potentially stressful situations
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees