- Course Code: USVCPAC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Professional Addiction Counselling
Anyone who suffers from alcohol or substance addiction knows how devastating the disorder can be. In the absence of help, addiction can destroy people’s lives and hold them back from good health and happiness. Addiction not only affects the person but also their family and loved ones.
Addiction counselling can play a crucial role in the treatment process and help people get onto the road to recovery. An addiction counsellor works together with the client to create an individualised plan of treatment that includes relapse prevention and aftercare strategies. Addiction counselling can help people with a wide range of addictions in addition to drug and alcohol abuse.
What You Will Learn
- The main types of addictions and how every person is vulnerable to addiction
- How counselling can provide unbiased support and how to differentiate between individual and group addiction counselling
- How to create the right setting and follow the best procedures for group sessions
- How to assess, understand and interpret your client’s requirements
- How to recognise warning signs including physical, mental and behavioural symptoms that could indicate addiction problems
- How to ask the right questions to gather useful information that can help you help the client
Benefits of the Course
- You can reap several benefits by completing the course on professional addiction counselling.
- You can equip your clients with the right skills and tools that can prevent relapse and help them cope with cravings
- You can help your client attain a full understanding of the problem and help them become aware of available support systems
- Counselling can help clients come to terms with the fact that they have an addiction problem
- You enjoy a rewarding career where you get the opportunity to help many people heal and recover
- That support mechanisms outside of therapy are essential but can bring both negative and positive effects
- Why family and friends also need to understand the therapy process and what they can do to help themselves and the individual suffering addiction
- The value of good communication within a family unit
- How to recognise ‘the hidden life
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees