- Course Code: X9S8DE3D7Q
- Location: Online
- Duration: 18 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Don’t have time to sit in a class? Working full time, but still want to advance your education? Look no further – this course can be done anywhere, at any time! This Intro to Psychology course offers up-to-date information about the world of psychology, with an easy-to-follow design. Touching on various branches, including social, cognitive, educational, biological and developmental psychology, as well as the many career options makes this the perfect choice for the student on the go!
Each module within the course covers a different aspect of psychology, including the unique and colourful history and its philosophical origins, failed research studies and their impact on psychological ethics and how the wider discipline has changed over time. Learn about the key figures and history of psychology, while gaining an in-depth understanding of the many processes and theories that are used to develop the field of psychology.
Aside from the theoretical components of the course, which will help you to develop your foundational understanding of psychology, you will also be given opportunities to put them into practice. Through several activities, which are included in each module, you are given an opportunity to think about the concepts you are learning and apply them on a practical level. You will also be tested throughout the material, which will help you to check your knowledge and develop your understanding.
What you will learn
- An overview of psychology, including several branches of this discipline
- The history of psychology and the key figures that have contributed to each branch
- The main theories and processes of psychology
- Some of the triumphs and failures of past psychological studies
- How the brain shapes human behavior
- The leading research in the field of psychology
- The strengths and weaknesses of each branch covered within this course
- How to conduct psychological research
- The importance of psychology within human development
- How this course work can be applied to a career in psychology
Benefits of the course
- Learn about a dynamic field
- Activities and quizzes throughout each module to check your knowledge
- Easy to follow course material
- Learn about a variety of psychologies and their real-world applications
- You will gain the foundation required to begin a career in psychology
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees