- Course Code: USVC21SOH
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Science of Happiness
Happiness not only makes us feel good about ourselves but also affects our lives in many ways. The science of happiness course explains what makes human beings flourish and why we feel stressed and unhappy. Dealing with constant stress and struggling with unpleasant memories can pose barriers to happiness. The human brain processes emotions and experiences in a certain way, and our perceptions of experiences can affect our ability to be happy.
The course explains the fundamental psychology that underlies happiness and describes techniques that can sustain long-term contentment. While some part of happiness is genetically determined, we can improve our happiness levels through personal control.
What You Will Learn:
- How happiness is defined in terms of psychology and the different emotions that contribute to happiness
- The different forms of happiness and their effects in the short and long term
- The different models of happiness and techniques to sustain long-term happiness
- How the brain processes positive experiences in terms of function
- How different types of memory contribute to happiness
- How the brain operates to trigger responsive and reactive modes
- How negativity bias affects the ability to process positive experiences
- How repetition and emotion affect the formation of neural circuits
Benefits Of Taking the Course:
- You will be able to differentiate between fleeting happiness and implement strategies that can enhance long-term satisfaction
- Once you understand how the brain works, you can enjoy higher levels of happiness
- You will discover how to focus on positive experiences and alter the way your brain processes experiences
- Higher happiness levels will help you become calmer, enjoy better health, and boost your ability to deal with challenges
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees