- Course Code: USMEC17SPR
- Location: Online
- Duration: 5 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Spray Tanning Certification
It is now common knowledge that traditional tanning and sunbed treatments are harmful to health. As a result, spray tanning is now one of the most sought-after beauty treatments in the US. In this course, you will learn how to take advantage of this development by acquiring the skills you need to pursue a career in this field.
During this course, you will become familiar with the equipment used by tanning technicians, the techniques used to apply tanning solution, how to prepare clients in advance of their treatment and how to prolong a tan.
Good technique is essential, but spray tan technicians also need to be mindful of health and safety legislation. You will explore the steps you must take to comply with US regulations.
You Will Learn:
- How spray tanning works and why it is now a popular beauty treatment.
- Why all spray tanning technicians need to be mindful of health and safety legislation.
- How to ensure your own safety and that of your clients.
- How the skin is structured, how it functions and the most common skin diseases seen by dermatologists and beauty therapists.
- Contraindications to spray tanning that make treatment inadvisable under any circumstance, and contraindications to tanning that may be negotiated.
- How to undertake a client consultation, keep client records and build a strong professional relationship with a client.
- How to prepare a client for a spray tan and how to select the correct concentration of tanning solution.
- How to operate a portable spray tanning machine, how to maintain it and how to choose the best machine for your business needs.
- How to prevent and resolve the most common problems associated with spray tanning.
- How to provide aftercare to clients who have received a spray tan treatment.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will gain a solid grounding in the skills and knowledge you need to build a career as a self-employed mobile tanning technician.
- You will be familiar with the practical and legal aspects of running a spray tan business.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Why all individuals operating spray tanning equipment must be mindful of health and safety issues
- Your obligations under the law and how to comply with legislation
- Why it is important to carry out patch testing in advance of a tanning treatment
- The potential health risks of operating spray tanning equipment
- Why you should develop an understanding of the structure and function of the skin
- An overview of the skin’s anatomy
- Why you need to understand contraindications - these are conditions that mean a spray tan treatment should not be given and conditions that do not rule out the application of a spray tan, but may alter its final appearance
- An overview of the conditions and injuries that make a spray tan unsafe
- The main components of a spray tanning machine and the different types of machines available on the market
- Other equipment used when giving a spray tanning treatment
- How to apply a spray tan
- What must be done following a spray tan to ensure a good result
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees