- Course Code: USFEC16MND
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Mindfulness Certification course provides a comprehensive introduction to the art of mindfulness and the real life physical and emotional benefits that it offers to those who practice it.
From learning about mindfulness history, through to the situations it can help with, and exercises to follow and practice, students will receive a thorough grounding in this simple but highly effective antidote for the stress of modern life.
This online course provides students with the opportunity to cover the certifications’s curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time while continuing to work full time.
As this course is online, this certification is accessible from any device with an internet connection, and you will have access to online support throughout your study.
Before completing the course, you must pass a comprehensive test, covering the curriculum in detail, which will lead to the award of your certification. You can download and print the certification yourself at home, or we can post it to you for a small additional cost.
What You Will Learn
This Mindfulness Certification has been designed to give students a comprehensive introduction into the art of mindfulness and will set you on the route to a calmer, happier, more fulfilling life.
This course will cover:
- What mindfulness is, its history, and its relevance in modern life
- The role of meditation in mindfulness, its benefits, and dispelling the myths
- What Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) are, and their benefits
- The role of Hatha yoga stretches
- The clinical applications of MBSR and MBCT and the conditions they can help manage, their similarities and differences
- The impact of emotions on physical health
- How mindfulness can improve our daily lives, and how to reprogram persistent negative thinking and automatic reactions
- Mindfulness and parenting
- How mindfulness can improve leadership and management skills
- How to become a mindfulness instructor in the US
- Mindfulness exercises to put into practice
Benefits of the Mindfulness Certification
The Mindfulness Certification offers students the following benefits:
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines. Complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study from, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to short, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge and skills you need to practice mindfulness in your life
- Earning a certified, recognized certification
- An affordable cost
Module 1: Definition and History of Mindfulness and How Meditation Practices Can Help Us Enjoy Present Moment Awareness
- The definition of mindfulness
- The relevance and importance of mindfulness in our everyday lives
- The origins and history of mindfulness
- The Buddhist concept of mindfulness
- What is meditation; definition and understanding meditation;
- Physiology of meditation;
- Mental, physical and emotional benefits of meditation;
- Meditation as a healing modality.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - Jon Kabat-Zinn;
- Introduction, importance, and benefits;
- Mindful stretching (Hatha yoga), mindful exercises, meditation;
- How mindfulness-based therapies can help anxiety and pain;
- Detailed insights into the use of MBSR and MBCT as clinical interventions;
- The rationale behind using mindfulness-based interventions for the treatment of depression;
- The core therapeutic components of mindfulness-based interventions;
- The use of MBCT for cancer patients;
- How mindfulness impacts our daily lives;
- Mindfulness and reactive behaviors;
- Comparison and contrast between MBSR and MBCT;
- Mindfulness-based intervention therapies;
Module 6 : Mindful Parenting, Mindfulness and Meditation Practices, How to Become a Mindfulness Instructor
- Introduction and relevance of mindful parenting;
- Important aspects of mindful parenting;
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation;
- Mindfulness meditation practices.
- Reprogramming tenacious patterns of thinking;
- How to restructure the way you relate to yourself;
- The four fundamental tenets of mindfulness;
- Common myths regarding mindfulness and meditation;
- Mindful eating, control of cravings, binge eating patterns;
- Mindfulness and healthy weight loss;
- Mindfulness interventions in the treatment of chronic pain;
- Mindfulness interventions for abuse and trauma survivors;
- Mindfulness applications in our everyday lives;
- Different mindfulness meditation exercises, including breathing, concentration, visualization etc.;
- Progressive muscle relaxation;
- Mindfulness and leadership practices;
New Skills Academy is highly recommended as an online study organisation
Well structured and easy to follow coursework. My queries were answered promptly and were clearly not stock Q&A responses so I felt I had been given real support.
The test at the end was unexpected as the end of module tests were self marking. As it was a timed test that covered every aspect of the course but in a random way which meant one had to pay attention and read the questions carefully!
I feel I have achieved something and will certainly follow up with another course. New Skills Academy is highly recommended as an online study organisation, as well.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees