- Course Code: USFEC17WPD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 - 15 hours
- Cost: $299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Wedding Planning Certification
Whether you are in the process of planning your own wedding or you have always wanted to help couples plan the perfect day, then the Wedding Planning Certification is the right choice for you. This course provides you with everything you need to know to plan the perfect wedding from start to finish to ensure the day runs smoothly and according to plan.
Introduction to the Wedding Planning Certification
This certification is broken down into manageable modules which are information packed to provide you with everything you need to know, whether you intend running your own wedding planning business or you want to plan your own wedding to perfection.
The course is studied online, which provides you with the ability to study from anywhere and at your own pace. The modules are compatible on all devices, so you can study day or night as and when wanted. Studying the Wedding Planning Certification enables you to still work full time while you obtain your certification, which is industry recognized.
On completion of the course and passing of the multiple choice test at the end, you will have the ability to download and print your certificate. You will also have the ability to order your certificate to be posted to you, if you prefer, at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The course is brimming with valuable information, advice, tips and guidance to help you plan the perfect wedding. The modules include the following:
- Know what activities you will be responsible for as a wedding planner.
- Learn what will be expected of you from your clients.
- Understand why couples rely on wedding planners around the world.
- Learn about different ceremonies and customs.
- Get an understanding of the process in planning a wedding along with essential timelines.
- Learn how to book the right venue based on your or your client's unique wedding requirements.
- Understand different ceremonies and legalities.
- How to plan the itinerary for the day.
- Know different themes and how to execute them.
- Understand different clothing options.
- Get insight into finding and booking the perfect caterers based on your client's tastes and requirements.
- Learn about wedding cakes and identifying which baker to use to create the perfect cake for each event.
- Understand the different forms of wedding entertainment from bands to solo singers to DJs, and how to choose the right one.
- Get a good understanding of wedding flowers and where to place them.
- Learn about the various transport options for the bride, groom, and wedding party. Identify if you need to arrange transport for visiting guests.
Benefits of taking this course
The wedding planning certification provides you with all the information you will need to plan the perfect wedding day, whether you are planning your own wedding or you want to start your own business. You will learn all the important aspects to help with your involvement from the beginning, to ensuring the day is executed to perfection.
The benefits of this course include:
- Enjoy a comprehensive syllabus broken down into manageable modules.
- Study at your own pace, there is no schedule to adhere to. You can complete the course within days or months, depending on the time you have available to study.
- Compatible with all devices, enabling you to study from anywhere with an internet connection. You can even study on the bus or subway on your way home from work.
- Flexible studying. Study after hours and still manage a full time job.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study process.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Start your own wedding planning business.
- Enjoy an industry recognized certification.
- To learn about all of the activities that wedding planners take part in
- To know what being a wedding planner is all about
- To understand why people rely on wedding planners
- To learn how you can make money as a wedding planner
- To learn about different religious ceremonies
- To learn about civil ceremonies
- To learn about destination weddings and ceremonies
- To learn about non-traditional weddings
- To understand that people from all over the world have different wedding traditions
- To learn more about the meanings that different traditions carry
- To be prepared to cater to traditions that lay outside your own culture
- To appreciate the value and beauty that different wedding traditions hold
- To understand the timeline in which minimum tasks are required to be completed
- To understand what should be done over a year before the wedding
- To understand what should be planned between six months and one year before the wedding
- To understand what should be completed in the last few months before the wedding
- To learn about the basics of finding a venue
- To understand the importance of the budget in finding a venue
- To learn about the implications of the location of the venue
- To understand the importance of scheduling
- To understand how many people take part in the wedding ceremony
- To understand who can be legally married in the US
- To understand what the couple needs to provide to ensure the wedding is legally recognized
- To learn about the order of the speeches
- To learn about what goes into a speech
- To understand the different types of readings
- To learn how to help the couple find and choose readings
- To understand the basics of planning a theme
- To learn about common wedding themes
- To learn how to narrow down a theme
- To understand how to turn a theme into a concept
- To learn about who needs wedding clothes
- To learn where to get wedding clothes
- To learn more about choosing the best clothes for the wedding
- To learn how to save money when buying wedding clothes
- To understand the importance of catering
- To learn how to choose a caterer
- To understand how to book a wedding cake
- To learn about different beverage packages
- To understand how to choose a baker
- To understand the different components of a wedding cake
- To learn how to organize the cake
- To learn how to display the cake
- To learn how to find the right entertainment for a wedding
- Understanding different forms of wedding entertainment
- Understanding the logistics of wedding entertainment
- Keeping children entertained during a wedding
- To understand the planning process of creating printed materials
- To learn about different gift lists
- To learn how to set up a wedding gift website
- To understand the difference between a paid or free wedding website
- To understand why transport should be booked in advance
- To know how to diversify entertainment options
- To learn how to ensure all guests and wedding party members have transport
- To know how to inspect the transport
- To understand how to find an amazing wedding photographer
- To learn how to consult with a photographer before the wedding day
- To learn how to encourage the couple to get the most out of their experience with the photographer
- To know how to find the right videographer
- To learn what flower arrangements you need
- To understand what flowers are in season and when
- To learn where you can buy flowers in the UK
- To understand whether you need a florist
- To learn about the history of wedding favors
- To learn why wedding favors are given
- To understand the difference between wedding party favors and guest favors
- To know what type of favor is relevant for each wedding
- To learn what type of gifts the wedding planner is in charge of
- To understand how to help the couple make their gift list
- To know what gift responsibilities a wedding planner has at the reception
- To learn how to help the bride and groom choose gifts for their wedding party
- To know what your role of a wedding planner is when the couple marries abroad
- To know which tour operators to recommend to couples marrying abroad
- To understand what documents are necessary for those travelling abroad
- To know how to explain the importance of travel insurance
- To learn how to find good travel deals
- To learn about popular honeymoon destinations
- To learn how to book travel successfully
- To understand how to help the couple book the honeymoon they want
- To learn about planning weekends away
- To learn about budgeting for a traditional party
- To learn about organizing a traditional party
- To learn about bachelor/ette dos
- To understand the pros and cons of owning a wedding planning business
- To know what knowledge is necessary to be self-employed
- To understand what goes into owning your own business
- To understand how to determine your approach
- To learn about different suppliers that you will use when planning weddings
- To understand how to find good suppliers
- To learn how to negotiate with suppliers
- To learn some tips in dealing with suppliers
- To learn about advertising
- To learn about the different types of advertising available to your business
- To learn the importance having a good reputation
- To learn about building a website
Give this course a go to broaden your qualifications and knowledge
I personally loved this course because I’m planning my own wedding for 2018 but wanted to know so much more about the topic. I found out so much more than my own personal knowledge and walked away feeling much more confident with small details I would have never even thought about.
I would recommend this course to anyone planning their wedding, or helping a friend plan their wedding or wanting to start their own wedding planning business – each module is so informative that you don’t feel that you haven’t learned all that you need to know to hit the floor running.
There are 24 modules to complete in this course and each module is so helpful and easy to understand, I was not left with one question due to how full of detail and how well presented the module and course is. Definitely give this course a go to broaden your qualifications and knowledge!
Highly recommend – worth every penny 🙂
I honestly cannot recommend this course highly enough for anyone thinking of pursuing a career in Wedding Planning.
The course was very obviously written by industry professionals. Course content was easy to understand, yet thorough and in depth. I also love that this course covered such a diverse range of topics including weddings from different cultures and religions, not just the standard white-dress chapel wedding.
I really feel as though this course has given me a bounding head start in the wedding planning industry and I can’t wait to get in there and start my own business. Highly recommend – worth every penny 🙂
I loved this course and I’m sad it’s over
This is an absolutely brilliant course, I really enjoyed it and it consists of very detailed information. The test at the end was slightly tricky so it’s important to pay attention to all aspects of the course content.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a wedding planner, with an interest in this topic or even to anyone who is getting married as there’s a lot of information which could be found useful, and certain things that give you good ideas.
I loved this course and I’m sad it’s over. It was definitely brilliant from start to finish, and is great value for money!
I can’t wait to start putting my work into action
I have found this course very interesting. Even being a bride myself, you don’t actually realize how much actually goes into planning a wedding. Every little detail goes into the course.
I can’t wait to start putting my work into action – becoming a Wedding Planner and being part of a couple’s day. Helping them plan their most important day of their lives. It’s been interesting learning how other cultures plan and have their weddings, and how many different themes people choose from. Even to the honeymoon.
So many things go into being a wedding planner, it’s not as simple as it seems.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees