- Course Code: USFEC16HRP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Do you have a passion for customer service? Do you want to find yourself in an exciting career where you meet new people from around the world? Being a hotel receptionist involves so much more than simply answering the phone. Our information packed course is brimming with all the information you need to start a successful career as a hotel receptionist.
Introduction to Hotel Reception Diploma
This course comprises sixteen modules, each focusing on different elements of hotel reception, giving you the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in your position and provide guests with the best service. The course will take you around ten hours to complete. It is up to you how long you take, you can study full or part time, based on your availability and current job status.
You will receive lifetime access to the training modules. This gives you the ability to go back and check up on things you are unsure of at any time. Furthermore, you will find that the course is compatible with all devices, enabling you to study at your own pace and in your own time using your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
What You Will Learn
In this course you will learn the following:
- A basic overview which covers everything from career opportunities to how to be a successful hotel receptionist.
- Learn the standard procedures relating to hotel receptions. Learn how to check guests in and out and how to take reservations and so much more.
- Identify with the importance of customer service. Learn about empathy, communication and how to make a good first impression.
- Get to grips with communication skills. Learn about verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills within this busy and fast paced environment.
- Learn the basics of handling the telephone in a professional manner. This module covers telephone etiquette and what you should and should not do.
- Understand how to handle difficult guests. From time to time you will be faced with unhappy guests. Learn the different types of guests, tips on how to deal with them and so much more.
- Get an understanding of the basic daily administrative tasks. Know what qualities you will need along with organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Identify what computer skills you are going to need to know. Understand the need for a good quality property management system and how to use OPERA and so much more.
- Learn about the importance of branding within the hospitality industry. Understand the importance of a star rating and what the rating means.
- Determine the importance of being a team player and working with other departments within the hotel.
- Get a good understanding of health and safety within the hotel environment. Learn the different safety and security topics that relate to the hotel environment along with what you need to know to ensure safety in the reception area at all times.
- Learn how to sell the hotel services to your guests and the benefits of upselling, along with how to use certain sales techniques.
- Identify how to dress in a professional manner to make a good first impression on guests as well as learn how to deal with stress in this front line position.
- Know any legal issues relating to your position as well as the future for the hotel receptionist.
There are numerous benefits to completing this Hotel Reception Diploma to give you that added advantage over other applicants when applying for a position.
- Study at your own pace and where you are most comfortable.
- Study using any device linked to the internet for added convenience.
- Receive an industry recognised certification on successful completion of the course.
- Enjoy online support to ensure you get the most of your study experience.
- Get lifetime access to the modules, so you can refer back as and when needed.
- To learn about the fundamentals of communication
- To understand how verbal skills play a role in hotel reception
- To understand how non-verbal communication skills play a role in hotel reception
- To understand the importance of written communication skills in the workplace
- To learn about the administrative skills, interests, and qualities needed as a hotel receptionist
- To learn about the main duties, clerical, and technical skills required for hotel reception work
- To understand the importance of good communication and organisational abilities
- To know how to prioritise, multitask, and problem solve easily
- To understand the importance of key skills and computer programs for receptionists
- To explain the need for a property management system in hotel reception work
- To be introduced to the OPERA Property Management System program (PMS)
- To become comfortable with the basic functions of the OPERA PMS
- To understand the concept of branding and how it applies to the hospitality industry
- To explain the value of establishing a standard and what is expected from a branded hotel
- To determine the importance and impact of standards in the industry
- To understand what a star rating is and how it is applied to any hotel
- To understand hotel safety and security
- To explore different safety topics that apply to the workplace
- To explore different security topics that apply to the workplace
- To understand the hotel receptionist's role in maintaining a safe and secure environment
- To learn about selling and marketing hotel services as a receptionist
- To differentiate between upselling and cross-selling approaches
- To understand the benefits of reception upselling and cross-selling products and services
- To know some basic hotel sales techniques and when to apply them
- To explain the importance of adhering to codes, laws, and regulations in hospitality
- To understand the rules of disclosure pertaining to business and domain names
- To explain fire safety regulations and how to adhere
- To know the importance of the Credit Card Order within the Data Protection Act
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees