- Course Code: USFEC16RMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 - 15 hours
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Restaurant Management Certification
The restaurant management certification is a comprehensive online course to provide you with everything you need to know to become a successful restaurant manager. The course provides you with insight, information, skills and advice to help you fulfill your role as a restaurant manager and exceed your clients' expectations on a daily basis.
Introduction to the Restaurant Management Certification
This course is broken down into manageable modules which you can access online. The course is accessible on any device, so you can study from anywhere with an internet connection using your PC, laptop, tablet, or phone.
During your studies you will have access to online support to provide you with the advice you need to complete your studies and obtain your certification. When you reach the end of the modules, you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. The test has questions on what you have learned. On passing, you will be able to immediately download and print your certificate.
In the event that you don't pass the test the first time, you will be given a second chance to take the test once you have reviewed the modules and are confident that you know everything you need to know.
What You Will Learn
This comprehensive Restaurant Management Certification will teach you the following:
- An introduction to the front of house of a restaurant.
- The role of a restaurant manager in all types of restaurants anywhere in the world.
- Learn about the different types of restaurant establishments and layouts.
- Know the importance of excellent customer service within the hospitality industry.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints in a calm and effective manner to ensure the client will return again in the future.
- Know your drinks. Knowing your drinks is imperative as a restaurant manager, along with how to serve them correctly.
- Get to know your food. The importance of knowing every aspect of the menu, what is in each dish and food allergies.
- Know the different restaurant licensing laws. This also covers the importance of age verification and what you can accept to verify the age of your clients.
- Learn various restaurant system checklists. Know what checklists you need, how to put them in place and how to monitor them to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly at all times.
- Know the health and safety laws associated with a restaurant from front of house to the kitchen, food safety and more.
- Be up to date with restaurant terminology that you may encounter from time to time.
Benefits of the Restaurant Management Certification
This certification is designed to provide you with the information, insight, knowledge and skill you will need to manage any restaurant. You will have the ability to work as a restaurant manager at a five star hotel or a local eatery.
The benefits of this training course include:
- Improve your career prospects.
- Fast track your career if you are already working within the restaurant industry.
- Appeal to potential employers with an industry recognized certification.
- Know what is expected of you and complete your duties with complete confidence.
- Easy and comprehensive syllabus that you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace with no deadlines or set schedules.
- Study from anywhere with internet access using any device.
- Have online support throughout your studies to guide and assist you.
- No entry requirements. You don't have to have restaurant experience in order to complete this course.
- Affordable one-off fee.
- Second chance to complete the test in the event you do fail. You will have time to review the modules and retake the test in your own time.
- Work full time and study in your spare time.
- How to provide the best possible customer service at all times.
- How the way you dress affects how you are perceived.
- How to be professional even when the customer is being awkward.
- How to look at your body language and understand how you come across.
- To understand the importance of training servers to upsell
- To understand the importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the menu
- To understand the importance of taking social cues when upselling products
- To learn about different types of upselling strategies
What our students have to say…
A great, simple and comprehensive course
A great, simple and comprehensive course that covers all the basics of restaurant and hospitality management.
The modules are easy to work through along with the various assignments and worksheets included. With the website saving your progress as you go, it’s quick and easy to return to where you left off making it very accessible and convenient.
Very interesting and it covered everything I need to know
I thoroughly enjoyed this whole course .. from start to finish. I found it all very interesting and it covered everything I need to know to kick start my career!
Thank you so much. I passed! Very good length of modules and great test at the end. Thanks again.
Rachael Mccallie – Glasgow
I recommend this course
Fantastic, I really recommend this course on Restaurant Management. Everything is very easy and detailed. I am very happy with my new certification.
I’m sure that will open more opportunities in the labor market.
Thank you so much for the support.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of this subject is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 30 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 30 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate there will be an admin charge of $16
How can I pay?
We use Paypal for all payments on the site. You can either use your Visa, MasterCard ,American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. All payments are handled securely by Paypal.
Is my payment secure?
As previously mentioned your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received.
You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder, failing that please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiry or renewal fees